First Baptist Church (Salem) Fund
This fund was established by Robert and Mary Margaret Arnold. Distributions from this fund will be used to support the church.
The congregation began in 1829 as the Salem Regular Baptist Church with only fourteen members. The first church building located on the east side of South High Street, was completed in 1833. A membership of approximately 160 worshipped in that building for sixty years.
In 1899 members decided to erect a new edifice on the northeast corner of High and Walnut Streets. The building was dedicated on July 14, 1901. An educational unit was added in 1948.