Exchange Club of Salem Fund
David and Carolyn Beck originally founded this account. The Exchange Club is continuing to contribute to this fund. Distributions from this fund will be used to support the Exchange Club’s scholarship program.
Founded March 27, 1911, in Detroit, Michigan, by businessmen who wanted to “exchange” ideas, Exchange had its beginnings as a luncheon gathering of businessmen known as the Boosters’ Club. Desiring to “exchange” ideas, the members shared stories, provided business advice to one another and began to dream about what they might accomplish with their collective talents and mutual interests. For the past 100 years, the volunteer efforts of Exchange Club members have supported the needs of the country and of local communities. With 700 clubs and over 21,000 members throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, Exchange is the country’s oldest service organization operating exclusively in the United States.