WCCF and ROI offering $25K in Grant Funding for Out-Of-School STEM Learning
Regional Opportunity Initiatives (ROI) has awarded Washington County Community Foundation a $25,000 grant for Out-of-School STEM Learning. The purpose of the program is to partner with our local schools and organizations to create inspiring STEM learning environments for our youth.
Standards for this wonderful grant opportunity include:
- The program creates an inspiring STEM learning environment for all youth.
- STEM resources, equipment, and supplies support STEM learning.
- The STEM program engages families, schools, and community.
- Staffs receive professional development that increases their confidence and ability to facilitate STEM learning.
- The program provides opportunities for youth to learn STEM content, skills, and knowledge.
- The program utilizes a variety of data to measure the impact of its STEM program.
Eligible expenses for grant funding include program planning, professional development and part of program implementation, actual implementation, program materials, and scholarships for STEM participants. Grant dollars may not be used for one-time events not related to an ongoing STEM program or staff time (unless a plan for sustainability is defined and realistic.
If your school or organization would like to apply for this grant, applications for the grant can be found in the Grants section of the Washington County Community Foundation website at www.wccf.biz and are due by September 25, 2017.
For questions, please contact Judy or Lindsey at 812-883-7334.
The Washington County Community Foundation will begin accepting applications immediately for this opportunity.
Washington County Community Foundation is a nonprofit public charity established in 1993 to serve donors, award grants, and provide leadership to improve Washington County forever